Monday, September 17, 2007

Yes Ralph? My cat's breath smells like cat food


So one the of the things that I wasn’t expecting to write about on this blog was cat food, which, unless I go broke or nuts, I will hopefully never have to really worry about from an eating stand point. However I noticed something really funny about French cat food.

I am living with a very sweet black and white cat named Gram, who, like all cats, only truly acts like he loves you when he wants dinner. Being a sucker, I went and got him some food. People feed their cats the same things that they are comfortable eating: my cats eat a lot of turkey, chicken, beef and fish flavored cat food because, well, those are the cat versions of the meat my family tends to eat. So I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised when I grabbed the closest can of cat food: it was rabbit flavored! The French love rabbit (they sell a lot of it in the supermarket at Monoprix, the French Target) so I guess their cats do to.

Should I be surprised when the cat demands cat sized Gauloise cigarettes and ignore when it dry humps someone in a public park like the French seem to enjoy?

No comments: