Tuesday, October 2, 2007

La Viande Rose!



Mmm, meat.

Meat is good. I am sure that that was the first sentence ever uttered. I guess I respect vegetarians and vegan’s for thinking about where meat comes from and rejecting it; but on the other hand that’s stupid. Really stupid. Meat is literally the most important part of your diet. Animals, including humans, have for billions of years spent countless hours of effort trying to get meat. People love meat; all cultures, even majority vegetarian ones, have meat dishes. When the Greeks offered sacrifices to the God, do you think they burned tofu and kale? No! The offered huge joints of meat! If Marie Antoinette had said “let them eat meat” instead, the French monarchy would still be around.

I have had many varying experiences with meat in France that I feel like writing about. One was delicious. One was a horrifying example of how people like meat so much that they will make the grossest food I have ever tasted. With that in mind, enjoy these two meaty updates.

Aren’t you excited???

No comments: